Gift ideas for the Salvation Army Christmas Present Appeal
Christmas is nearly upon us! ‘Tis the season of giving and we are happy to announce that we will be collecting for the Salvation Army Christmas Present Appeal again this November. You could light up a child’s Christmas by donating a gift that they otherwise may not receive. Stuck on what to donate? We have devised a Christmas Gift guide from Argos…
Last year we ran the Christmas Present Appeal and it was a huge success thanks to our generous shoppers who kindly donated and we are hoping to do the same again this year!
Over the years that the Salvation Army have been running the appeal they have helped millions of children who would not have otherwise received a Christmas gift. The gifts are donated to children aged from 0 – 16. The Salvation Army recommend the following gifts for different age groups:
- 0-3 years: dolls, teddy bears, cot mobiles, baby clothes, bath toys, CDs of suitable music and nursery rhymes, puzzles
- 3-5: dolls and action figures, cars, lorries, DVDs and CDs (music and nursery rhymes), colouring sets, pencils, crayons, books, puzzles
- 5-9: educational games & toys, stationery (colouring sets, pencils, crayons, school sets), CDs & family friendly DVDs, books, puzzles, wordsearch, crosswords
- 9-12: games and toys, stationery, DVDs, books, t-shirts, hair accessories, gloves, scarves, hats
- 13-16: books, make-up and toiletries (please try to ensure non-allergic ingredients if possible), gloves, scarves, hats, t-shirts, hair accessories and gift vouchers
Argos is the perfect place to pick up such a wide range of gifts in one place, here are a few ideas:
If you would like to donate simply drop an unwrapped gift for a child aged 0-16 in to the collection box located in the main lobby leading on to town square.
For more information on the Christmas Present Appeal please visit the Salvation Army website .